As KB+ is taken on by more institutions, many of whom were not part of early discussions about preferred workflows and interface layout, it’s very important that we work with libraries to take on feedback and ideas – and also that we have the resources to act on those inputs.
This year’s budget makes provision for this in Releases 4.1 (after Easter) and 4.2 (in the summer).
To be sure we understand your priorities, we will be holding focus groups in three locations in early March as follows. We will cover the following topics at all 3 focus groups
- Management of Issue Entitlements, including package change, renewals, ‘To do’ alerts and JUSP integration
- Licensing & Subscriptions processes
- Potential for inclusion of financial information
- Wednesday, 5thMarch – Central London – Jisc Offices, Meeting Room 2, Brettenham House North, 5 Lancaster Place, London WC2E 7EN.
- Thursday 6th March – Central Manchester –Mimas, the University of Manchester, 5th Floor Roscoe Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL.
- Thursday 13th March – Central belt, Scotland – Causewayside Building, National Library of Scotland.
In order to save your time at the events, we will already have scheduled improvements to address a number of cosmetic and operational ‘irritations’ that users and data managers have reported.
Whilst these meetings are geared to taking feedback and ideas from users with experience of the KB+ system, any academic library is welcome to send one or two delegates.
The meetings will take place from 11am to 3.30pm to allow for travel and will be attended by members of the development and data management teams plus colleagues from JUSP.
In order to finalise dates at appropriate venues, please email email@example.com with your interest in attending or sending colleagues, indicating your preferred meeting(s). On that basis, we’ll finalise dates by 1st February so you can make firm bookings.