Our new web pages can be found at – http://www.jisc-collections.ac.uk/KnowledgeBasePlus/Related-Services-and-Projects/jisc-co-design-programme/eBooks-recommendations/
The consultation process is centred upon a series of Home Nation and regional workshops in November / December 2013 where libraries can join together to review their particular pain points and priorities. In order to explore key issues in greater depth, complementary individual workshops will be held with four libraries (Huddersfield, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and York).
These events are planned to be interactive, lasting up to 3 hours, supported by materials prepared to elicit perspectives of e-resource managers and practitioners on key topics:
- Selection decisions – relating to licensing terms, accuracy of bibliographic identifiers
- Workflow challenges – relating to acquisition / subscription, activation, ingest in to catalogue and discovery layers
- User experience – relating to discovery, access, currency of content
Each group meeting is geared to work with around 10-15 people
- Midlands – University of Leicester – Tuesday 26 November 2013
- M25 – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – Friday 29 November 2013
- North – Sheffield Technology Park – Tuesday 3 December 2013
- South West – University of Gloucestershire, Cheltenham – Friday 6 December 2013
- Scotland (SCURL) – National Library of Scotland – Monday 9 December 2013
- Wales (WHEEL) – University of Cardiff – Friday 13 December 2013
- M25 – UCL, School of Pharmacy – Monday 16 December 2013
Reports from each meeting will be posted on the KnowledgeBase plus support site.