In July we had the 7th in our monthly webinar series looking at To Do’s which alert you to any changes to your licences and titles in KB+
Watch this 20mins webinar for:
- Examples of the changes which trigger To Dos
- They type of information To Dos can alert you to
- How to manage the number of notifications received using Child/Parent
- How to manage affiliation requests to your KB+ account
This is the 6th webinar in our monthly webinar series, today we are looking at the two licence comparison tools available in KB+. The comparison tools allows you to compare licence properties across 2 or more licences. For further details please see our Licence Comparison Tools userguide.
Watch this 30 mins webinar for:
- a brief overview of how to locate licence information in KB+
- a demonstration of using the “Licence Comparison Tool (ElCat)
- an overview of the icons used in the comparison tool
- a demonstration of using the “Compare Licences (KB+ Licence Properties)
Our next webinar is on Wednesday July 27th at 11.00 and will be about ‘To Dos’, please email email@example.com for full details on joining.
The latest news on our work to improve the KB+ interface, latest workshops and our webinars following the ‘Mapping the Landscape’ survey.
This is the 5th webinar in our monthly webinar series, today we looked Renewals. The renewals process in KB+ allows you to create a new subscription based on an existing subscription. It is useful to complete this process when subscriptions are due to expire in order that you have the correct title list for the duration of your subscription.
Watch this 30 mins webinar to discover;
- how to add expiring and forthcoming title list to the ‘basket’ in order to generate a ‘comparison worksheet’
- identify usage statistics per title from the comparison worksheet
- identify additions and deletions within a package from the comparison worksheet
- edit and uploading the worksheet to create a new subscription
- navigate existing subscriptions to view ‘previous’ and ‘expected’ titles
Our next webinar will be on Wednesday June 29th at 11.00 and will be about Licence Comparisons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details on joining.
This is the 4th webinar in our monthly webinar series, this month we are looking at the various tools available in KB+ which allow you to compare titles lists to help answer queries about what titles have joined/left a package, overlapping titles etc.
Watch this 30 mins webinar to discover;
- how to use the package comparison tool to compare 2 titles lists for information on additions, deletions, updates and overlapping titles
- how to use the package comparison tool to compare the same title list on 2 different dates
- how to filter your subscribed title list to indicate which ones are available in 2 or more packages
- how to use the comparison spread sheet to help with renewal decisions based on usage and information on titles entering/leaving a package
- how to filter a title list to see transfers, expected and previous titles.
Our next webinar will be on the 25th May at 11.00 and is about Renewals, please email email@example.com for full details on joining.
The third webinar in our series looks at how you can use KB+ to record, manage and track e-resource subscriptions.
Click here to watch a 20min webinar where I look at;
- recording different types of e-resource subscriptions in KB+, such as large collections, single titles, A&I databases etc.
- creating a subscription in KB+
- linking a package to a subscription (providing you with a list of titles)
- the integration with JUSP allowing you to view JR1 statistics for a title within a subscription
- using the advanced view to see which titles are expected in the package in the future and which have left the package.
Our next webinar will be on the 27th April at 14.00 and is about Package Comparisons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details on joining.
The KB+ team has started working on the improvement of KB+ user interface to enhance user experience and usability. On the first phase of this work, we are carrying out some user research to try to understand the needs of our audiences better. Part of this research will consist of two user workshops with existing and new users.
Location and dates
There will be two usability workshops.
- Manchester on Wednesday 27 April 2016 from 11.00-15.00
- London on Tuesday 5th April 2016 from 11.00-15.00
You are welcome to join either the workshop in Manchester or London. Each workshop will run with only a small number of participants from 11.00am to 15.00pm.
Some goals of the study include;
- To try and understand the needs of our audiences better
- To identify the key tasks that are being performed with KB+
- To identify how users would like to see KB+ improved in the future
What should you expect?
An interesting interactive day whereby you are given the opportunity to put forward your ideas for the improvement of the user experience of this increasingly used application. The session will involve discussions, be quite hands on, interactive and hopefully enjoyable !
Please can you can you confirm your attendance to either workshop, including your chosen venue as soon as possible as places are limited to email@example.com. Once attendance has been confirmed directions to the venue will be sent out to you.